Easy Asiago Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced very thinly, 1/8 inch
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cream, slightly warmed
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large oven safe skillet. Layer the potatoes in the bottom of the skillet, spreading them out evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, minced garlic and arrange the onions evenly on top. Sprinkle a little of the asiago on top. Arrange another layer of potatoes and then season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Carry on layering until all the potatoes are in the skillet. Pour the cream over the potatoes and let simmer on low covered for ten minutes to let the potatoes cook.
Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining cheeseand bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.